AETNA FSA—Flexible Spending Accts
(Click this Snapshot/Picture)
The Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare & Dependent Care) are through AETNA –
http://www.aetna.com/members/fsa/ ; Then click “Manage Your Account,” then click “Aetna Navigator”; then, on the next page, click the link “Register now” ( Register ONLY IF you are NOT already registered at the AETNA website from above).
Phone Number -- 1-877-392-3862
Life Insurances ( & AD&D) is also through AETNA – NO Website
Phone Number -- 1-800-660-9913. That number can be used to check on evidence of insurability as well.
There seems to be some confusion lately regarding the process for Short Term Disability or how to request FMLA.
Effective January 1, 2012, HRConnect is the point of contact. They can be reached at 1-877-888-7599 (toll free) or email@example.com
Short Term Disability - to Initiate Claim
1. Contact HRConnect
2. Contact the Medical Center (so they are informed of your absence)
3. Contact your Leader or Manager
Short Term Disability - Return to Work
1. Contact the Medical Center for your return to work physical
2. Contact HRConnect after you have been cleared to return to work. HRConnect will contact Aetna to inform them of your return to work and most importantly, HRConnect will update the payroll system so you are paid correctly.
Please Note: HRConnect should be contacted after your physical clearance. If you contact HRConnect prior to being cleared, and are not cleared by the Medical Center, you risk benefits being terminated prematurely.
Family Medical Leave (FMLA) - Intermittent and Continuous
1. Contact HRConnect (HRConnect will contact Aetna to initiate the claim process)
Please Note: Intermittent FMLA absences -- Same requirement as before. You must contact your Leader (or manager) each time you are absent due to FMLA. You must also contact Aetna each time you are absent. Otherwise your absence may not be covered under FMLA.